Snakes a danger in rural Africa

snakebite-July-300x225

This man is now out of danger but when he was admitted he could hardly breath as he had been bitten by a snake. This is not an uncommon occurrence for African farmers and is a big danger. While most snake bites are not a problem this man became paralysed by the poison and had to be put on a ventilator for 36 hours. You see him in the photo a very happy patient. He knows that he had a very close call and he values the work of his nurse and anaesthetist very highly.